[libreplanet-discuss] LibrePlanet São Paulo on FLISOL and FISL 14 (and o

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] LibrePlanet São Paulo on FLISOL and FISL 14 (and other news)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:10:05 -0300

Hello guys,

LibrePlanet São Paulo here :-).  First, the news.

I am writing to let you know that we had two talks accepted at FLISOL
Campinas (Brazil), one about Free Software and the other about how
LibrePlanet São Paulo was created :-).  This is very exciting because it
will be our first real opportunity to talk about the group (and the
LibrePlanet initiative) to a broader public.

We have also submitted two activities to FISL 14 (largest Free Software
event in Latin America; more info at
<http://softwarelivre.org/fisl14?lang=en>): a presentation about the
group (probably will be the same as the one we will give at FLISOL), and
a community gathering to discuss about our planned activities for the
second semester.  We will only know if they are accepted or not a few
days before the event (which happens from July 3rd to July 6th), but I
thought it was worth mentioning :-).

Oh, and before I forget, our first official act as a group was
organizing the Document Freedom Day here in Campinas, and it was a great
experience :-).  You can read more about what happened in the event at
<http://blog.sergiodj.net/post/2013-04-12-dfd-2013-campinas/> (we have
also sent this report to the DFD organization, not sure where they
published it).

And now, let me ask you a question: do you guys have a template that
could be used in our LibrePlanet talks?  Something like a default
"What's LibrePlanet" set of slides would be great.  If you don't, that's
fine (and in that case we'll probably upload ours when we have one!).
Oh, and btw, do any of you plan to come to FISL?  It would be neat to
meet :-).

I guess that's all I have for now.  Thanks a lot!

--
Sergio