Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Google to drop XMPP entirely

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Google to drop XMPP entirely
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 18:02:56 -0300

On Tuesday, May 28 2013, Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak wrote:

> I am not in any way kidding myself that this letter would make Google change
> the decision. However, it might get picked up in the media and might help put
> the open standards topic front and centre for a short while. Also, it *will*
> make Google at least a bit uncomfortable and maybe make them consider such
> decisions less viable in the future.

Great, because as it is written right now, the letter is explictly
asking Google to explain their decision of abandoning XMPP.  However, I
see in the "Discussion" that someone said it would be good to persuade
Google to not drop XMPP (to which I explictly disagree, as I said in my
last message).

Anyway, I wrote some lines in the discussion, trying to clarify what I
think it would be good to do.

--
Sergio