Re: [libreplanet-discuss] RFC: GNU Developer Network on libreplanet.org

From: v_2e
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] RFC: GNU Developer Network on libreplanet.org
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 12:03:36 +0300

  Hello!

On Tue, 09 Jul 2013 20:18:53 +1000
Steven Hamilton <oz@scorch.net> wrote:

> . . .
> Likewise, hosting it anywhere other than *.gnu.org will also reduce
> it's effectiveness. Use libreplanet infrastructure if you like, but
> leverage some hosting nouse to mask it under wiki.gnu.org.
> "libreplanet" does not have the same mindshare and recognition as
> GNU. This splitting of brands has already harmed FSF enough (my
> opinion only).
>
> "GNU" is the brand that meets the technological requirement of the
> FSF. Libreplanet is the brand that meets the political requirement of
> the FSF. These are quite different things. A devnet doesn't belong
> under Libreplanet branding.

  I second these suggestions, since it is obvious that the potential
new developers of the "GNU packages", "GNU applications" or "GNU
platform ..." will first search the gnu.org website for the information
about the projects they could start with.
  So, in order not to loose them at this very first stage, there must be
at least an easy-to-see link to the corresponding resource on the
gnu.org. And of course, to my mind it would be much better to have the
wiki.gnu.org or something like that. It would be logical and easy to
find.

  Regards,
    Vladimir

-----