[libreplanet-discuss] "Printer Working Group": dangers?

From: Thomas HARDING
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] "Printer Working Group": dangers?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 16:22:23 +0100

Hello,

I taken a look for a couple of days on development of IPPv2.x protocols, which are conducted by the Printer Working Group.

Then taken a look also on other PWG activities.

Further reading, it seems the PWG focuses now on consumer appliances, such as :

 * printing an "image from mobile phone" through "the cloud", gain a
   "PWG raster" from the "enterprise printer" returning back to the
   "Alice's desktop printer")
 * gain a "secure reproduction" from a multi-purpose printer or a scan
   device
 * etc

While the word "enterprise" is typed on almost each "use case", I doubt on who will handle the "actual reproduction control" (that sentence is obviously never typed on documents).

If anyone wants to conduct more investigations, their url is : http://www.pwg.org

Best Regards,
Thomas HARDING