[libreplanet-discuss] Art Gallery Web Site

From: Joel Kahn
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Art Gallery Web Site
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:52:21 -0700

Here at the artists' co-op Art Sync Gallery in
Bolivar, Missouri, we are making tentative steps
towards setting up a web site for the gallery;
there hasn't been one for a while. One of the
primary concerns is the cost of having someone
host the site. The available budget for this is
pretty small, and is likely to remain so.

Would any entity in the Libre Software community
consider hosting in exchange for promotion and
maybe commissions on the sale of artworks?
The material on the site is expected to be small
and simple: text about the gallery and its members;
jpegs of artworks; the required html &c to tie
things together; and not very much else. I'd be
doing most of the collecting of material and the
assembly, probably using KompoZer.

I think this could be a good opportunity to bring
the Libre Software world to people who have not
had a lot of exposure to it yet.

Let me know if you want to help or have suggestions.

Joel