[libreplanet-discuss] How to ask for documentation

From: Marcello Stanisci
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] How to ask for documentation
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 16:51:24 +0100

Dear Folks,

There is an ATM card called "Efficient Networks Speedstream 3060" that is
still not supported by a free driver. There are similar cards made by Efficient
Networks
that have a free driver (called "lanai") in the Linux tree. In the lanai's
comments is
said:

"This driver supports ATM cards based on the Efficient "Lanai"
 chipset such as the Speedstream 3010 and the ENI-25p.  The
 Speedstream 3060 is currently not supported since we don't
 have the code to drive the on-board Alcatel DSL chipset (yet)."

So in order to make it working, we need this "extra code" just mentioned.
After googling a while, it seems that Siemens has acquired Efficient Networks,
so I am wondering to ask them the documentation of this device. They should not
have so much interest in NOT giving away the documentation, since the device is
more than 10 years old (but it is very useful for the average ADSL user).

So I come with the following questions:

1. How and where to ask for such a documentation?
2. Is really Siemens which has the right documentation?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
MS