Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Amusing Free Software Story

From: Milton Krutt
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Amusing Free Software Story
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0700

> I propose the term "Freedom Software".  It is more descriptive
> and will likely even create a certain amount of curiosity.

Although we already have the term "libre", I propose

- "live software" to mean free (as in freedom) software, and

- "dead (or dying) software" for non-free software.

The reason comes from the fact that if the software is free (as in freedom),
then it is easier to find someone who contributes to it, so keeping it alive
and/or evolving.
On the contrary, non-free software has more legal brakes that limit strongly
the number of potential contributors, making it easier to die or not to evolve.