Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Software freedom is the only viable business m

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Software freedom is the only viable business model.
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 09:46:14 -0700

You can do whatever you like with software that is under your copyright
generally. But you cannot tell people that you are giving them the
binary under GPL and also put any barrier to them accessing the source.
So the first example is not workable under GPL.

The second works fine. You can release software under GPL where you
refuse to give anything unless someone pays $millions for the binary and
source together. That is not a violation.