Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives

From: Terry
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 05:34:09 -0600

On 05/16/2015 03:38 AM, libreplanet-discuss-request@libreplanet.org wrote:
> But this is all tangential. You and others have failed to provide any
> reasonable justification for RMS' use of ND other than an ill-founded
> claim that it actually helps avoid misrepresentation.
The fact that we have created legal structures that try and create
ownerships for intangible things has caused a great many issues and no
doubt will continue to do so.  However that is the current reality we
are all dealing with.  The initial question was thought provoking.
Stallman/FSF choosing ND licenses for anything is in the end their
choice to make and does not require a justification be made.  Even when
we don't agree with licensing choices (Microsoft) we should still
respect that presently it is their right to choose.  I hope you apply in
writing for permission to make your derivative(s) and are granted it.  I
apologize if I seemed brash before.  Personally I am done with this
thread but I do look forward to other interesting topics.