Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives]

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives]
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 10:56:23 -0400

On 05/27/2015 10:16 AM, Aaron Wolf wrote:
> Yoni,
>
> I and others made very clear and practical points about why your
> decision to move away from CC-BY-SA is not good. Namely, you are
> incorrect that it allows people to misrepresent you.

This is still not true. I will repeat my example with further detail
added in to address your previous reply.

I translate RMS's essays. I switch all instances where it says "free
software" to say "open source" and adjust sentences accordingly. I then
state on the cover of my book: "This is the official and definitive
translation of Richard Stallman's work".  While I might be in compliance
with a CC BY-SA license, my translation would still clearly be a
misrepresentation of Stallman and his work.

Josh

--
Joshua Gay
Licensing & Compliance Manager  <http://www.fsf.org/licensing>