Re: [libreplanet-discuss] RollApp: proof that we need to deprecate GPL f

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] RollApp: proof that we need to deprecate GPL for AGPL for everything
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 10:49:02 -0400

Aaron Wolf <wolftune@riseup.net> writes:

> https://www.rollapp.com/ — complete SaaSS to the extreme (see
> https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html ).
>
> They aren't illegal, and they do mention "Open Source" at least (which
> isn't absolutely legally required), but they avoid even linking to the
> websites of the software they host.

"avoid" seems to assume bad faith. Separate from the licensing strategy
question, has anyone written to them to ask them to add links to the
projects? They aren't exactly going out of their way to hide it -- they
call things by their common names, like Inkscape and GIMP.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://my.fsf.org/join>.