Re: [libreplanet-discuss] FSF's communication, ethical discussion in con

From: Ramana Kumar
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] FSF's communication, ethical discussion in consumerism, why software freedom matters
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 09:20:05 +1000

Dear Pen-Yuan,

I think what you have said in the message below is very important.

Assuming good faith, and, in general, aiming for effective,
compassionate communication would serve the promotion of software
freedom very well. Not to mention being good life skills in general :)

(Personally, I am a strong supporter of software freedom, but I am
often disappointed by RMS's communication techniques; also, I am
sometimes disappointed by a tendency amongst other freedom promoters
to take not just what RMS says but also how he says it as gospel. As
usual, I think it's good to always do some thinking for oneself.)

Cheers,
Ramana