Re: [libreplanet-discuss] I'm new I have a few questions

From: krosos
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] I'm new I have a few questions
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 22:38:08 +0000

Julien Kyou:

> On 09/23/2015 05:54 PM, hellekin wrote:
>> Your question bears its response: this is a public mailing list,
>> it's not encrypted.  (Where did you get this idea from?)
>
>  the PGP Signatures at the ends of all the mails
>
>> Software freedom does impose sacrifices.  It shouldn't, but it
>> does. When there's no free version of what you're using, the
>> dilemma is simple and complicated: either you keep using it, or
>> you don't.  From this dilemma, many things can be learned.
>
> I Was More interested in Alternatives ( though I did mention Steam
> which is obviously Proprietary with no alternative)

Regard steam and leaving aside the general DRM problem:
I know of no alternatives, although I can't recommend GOG.com for the
way they package their gnu/linux versions/ports of games it is a DRM
free alternative. Additionally there are smaller platforms you can find
if you start looking for them (I forgot their names).

>>> Third I was thinking of buying libre.org
>

>> The domain has been registered since 2001, and doesn't seem to be
>> going anywhere.  If you're ready to spend the money to buy it from
>> its current tenant, you're welcome to run any service you like in
>> support of free software.  People will flood with ideas for such a
>> name :)
>

> That was My Mistake I tested the URL "unable the connect" so I assumed
> it was available.

You can check the whois of an domain to see if it is available with
dnstools or even use the website of an tld registrar.

--

--krosos

public bitmessage: BM-2cSj8qEigE3CMaLU3CwPZf7T3LvzvnttsC
more: http://krosos.sdf.org/

[[ GnuPG: my GnuPG key expires next year. I don't prefer GnuPG,   ]]
[[ please stop sending me GnuPG encrypted things. Use bitmessage. ]]
[[ also: http://secushare.org/PGP                                 ]]