Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free software and disabilities

From: Andrés Muñiz Piniella
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free software and disabilities
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 18:15:30 +0000

El 13 de diciembre de 2015 14:47:53 GMT+00:00, Daniel Pocock
<daniel@pocock.pro> escribió:
>On 13/12/15 15:09, Andrés Muñiz Piniella wrote:
>> El 10 de diciembre de 2015 23:50:42 GMT+00:00, John Sullivan
><johns@fsf.org> escribió:

>place

>project
>>> stand
>>>>
>>> You can try the categories/properties at https://directory.fsf.org.
>If
>>> they aren't sufficient, then I'm sure directory-discuss@gnu.org
>would
>>> like to hear suggestions for improving them. :)
>>>
>>> -john
>> Yes, this is great! Extactly what me and my friend where discussing.
>I had heard about the directory and the hard work of people behind it
>but I kept forgetting about it.
>> Using disabity search term
>>
>https://directory.fsf.org/wiki?search=disability&title=Special%3ASearch
>>
>> Brings me to two projects that seem to be incredible: ATK and
>skipper. But Sadly both project links go to 404.
>>
>> I have ccd directory-discuss@gnu.org but I guess I will need to
>subscribe to it first.
>>
>> Hopefully I can find where the projects are now.
>>
>> PS: Thanks for #fsfbulletin
>

>There was some discussion about this on a FOSDEM list recently.
>Somebody expressed an opinion that if software doesn't support users
>with disabilities then the developers are discriminating against those
>people.
>
>It is not so simple though.  Developers don't actively discriminate, we
>simply don't have time to do everything we would like to do if time and
>money were unlimited.

So something similar to writting a program so that it is compatible to gettext
for translations? That makes sense.
 Maybe that would make it easier, a sort of toolbox? But I think that is what
ATK is/was. Which makes me think it could be some sort of standard from
frewdesktop.org?

Anyway, I will research further.

--
RichmondMakerlabs.uk