Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Best e-reader for free software compatibility

From: Jan Prunk
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Best e-reader for free software compatibility
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 17:29:22 +0100

Hello !

If you are looking to invest some work into freeing up any of the modern devices I would be interested to contribute in some way, maybe in a form of setting up the website, git depositories etc (I don't code). I do have an Openinkpot device, which battery has been depleted and without ordering a new one it would be impossible to make it work again. One possibility would be taking over the Openinkpot code and making some parts of it to be fully free code, then you would get a functional free distribution for already supported devices. Going with a totally new modern device would surely mean investing a lot more work into the code and also into reverse engineering.

Kind regards,
Jan