Re: [libreplanet-discuss] applying the GPL to some clojure code

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] applying the GPL to some clojure code
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 10:22:46 +0100

Le 15 janvier 2016 03:18:25 GMT+01:00, Mike Gerwitz <mtg@gnu.org> a écrit :
>On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 10:39:39 +0100, Catonano wrote:

>You are encouraged to include a copyright header and license notice in
>each source file because it ensures that the proper copyright
>information is conveyed even if the file becomes separated from the
>rest
>of the source tree (e.g. used in another project).
>
>There is no legal requirement.
>
>> Also the project includes some csv files that I extracted from some
>xls
>> files published by a governmental agency. If I put a single license
>file at
>> the top of the project, will it apply to the resources files too ?

What conditions applies to that data coming from (here, that governement
agency)?

I know for French gov to open some data,

 I also turned 3 letters  language code list to csv I given back to a foreign
organism  with a one-liner disclaimer they published (I think around y2k).

Data is  sensitive too,  if a license such exists for, use it, if not: ask for
:-)

Not to do could  turn your  project  to geopardy...

>If placing license notices in headers is not possible or practical, you
>can put another file in the directory hosting the file (or the root
>directory) listing the files to which the license applies.  You should
>be sure to include the full license text somewhere.

Best  regards,
TSFH