Re: [libreplanet-discuss] F-Droid's Antifeatures

From: Fabio Pesari
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] F-Droid's Antifeatures
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 13:29:33 +0100

On 02/06/2016 01:15 PM, Andrés Muñiz Piniella wrote:
> Agreed, it is a good idea, sounds easy to me like a user. But I bet it is
> difficult to do and maintan. the gaurdian project repo is maintained by the
> gaurdian group AFAIK. who would want to maintain an Anti-feature repo?
> already sounds negative.
>
> There are more and more apps now on F-droid. so hopefully the main one won't
> look empty.
>
> But I think this should be mentioned in the redmine for f-droid. as a feature
> request.

Here are all apps with Antifeatures (supposedly):

https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/Category:Apps_with_antifeatures

Keep in mind that many of those apps have already been removed from
F-Droid, and apps with antifeatures are in the minority, so removing
them won't empty F-Droid's repos.

I think a better effort would be to patch the apps with antifeatures
(except those which rely on services like Twitter, obviously) to be rid
of them, so they can be distributed from the main repository.