Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Reverse Engineering

From: arthur_torrey
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Reverse Engineering
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 00:06:27 +0000 (UTC)

This seems like something that MIGHT be helped, or at least encouraged, by the
folks in the "Digital Right to Repair" movement.  They are trying to produce a
legal REQUIREMENT that companies release the information needed for outside
entities to service their products to the same extent that an in-house entity
would.  I don't know that this would drill down far enough to require releasing
signing keys, but one might be able to make a case for it....  If nothing else
it would make it harder to block efforts to crack the signature...

ART

Message: 6