Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Solving the prisoner's dilemma in crowdfunding

From: Fabio Pesari
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Solving the prisoner's dilemma in crowdfunding
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 17:19:21 +0100

On 02/19/2016 06:36 PM, Aaron Wolf wrote:

> Just come help us with the existing effort!
>
> I and a few dozen other people have already been working hard for a long
> time (and making great progress lately) on creating an entire holistic
> platform to address all these issues. Please come join us.
>
> The site is: https://snowdrift.coop

Hello Aaron,

I've known about Snowdrift for a long time, so long I've actually come
to think of it as vaporware - I hope you will forgive me for that, since
I'm sure you are working hard on it. Still, how long before launch? Is
there something in particular you are missing?

I would very much like to see Snowdrift thrive, and I will give your
articles a through look (even if I am no economist).

Meanwhile, as a simple user, there are many things I would like to see
in practice, a proper implementation of BountySource above all. Would
that be possible under Snowdrift?

How does Snowdrift approach projects built from scratch, especially
those which require a substantial effort to even get started?

And do you have a legal team? How is its legal status in countries
outside the US? There should be a way to pay all the proper regional taxes.

I also am extremely glad you joined up with the OSI and I hope the FSF
(and sister organizations, like the FSFE) will also join them as soon as
possible. This might be a good occasion for reconciliation, since if
there is a thing the open source people like more than they hate
idealism, it's money!