Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libreplanet Stickers

From: Michael Lamb
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libreplanet Stickers
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 18:21:31 -0500

> But the FSF stickers for GNU and GPLv3 have really
> precise printing where the white background is *not* glossy* yet the ink
> is glossy
> and somewhat raised and the resolution precision is amazing. I
> suspect it's a one-color printing process.

I too suspect this is just black ink on vinyl. The stickermule.com
"matte" stickers seem more scratch-resistant.

> I would love to know where and how the FSF gets those stickers, as they
> really pop out as the best by far.

I have only the GNU head sticker, but comparing it to the four
freedoms/copyleft/affero sticker I made on stickerguy.com, they seem
quite similar in terms of accuracy and glossy ink vs. matte
background.

Aaron, I gave you one of my stickers at SCALE14x, can you compare it
to your GNU head? Would you agree that the printing quality is
similar? (Note the font I used is intentionally distressed; compare
the graphical details.)

If so then good news: they're very cheap! A stack of 250 of mine cost
$21 with free shipping!

Prices go up for die-cut (like with the GNU head) or colors other than
red+black on white (as would be needed for the libreplanet logo.) But
I suspect it would still be very competitive.