Re: [libreplanet-discuss] We need a Great campaign To tell the programme

From: Ali Abdul Ghani
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] We need a Great campaign To tell the programmers to improve their programs To work well with the screen Reader
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 05:21:33 -0800

> It seems that NVDA is not fully free software, as its repository on
> GitHub lists proprietary dependencies.

> It too uses eSpeak though, so I think that rather than try to port this
> program to GNU/Linux, it would be better to enhance eSpeak and Orca but
> before that, find out if the maintained alternatives to eSpeak (Festival
> and Sinsy written in C++ and Gnuspeech written in Objective C) can be
> better suited for this task.
orca better than nvda
and eSpeak is so good
The problem is not from the screen reader, but from software developers
they  do not care to Improving Their programs to work with screen readers

I want the campaign to make the programmers Be aware of our existence
> A good thing to have would be a braille display with a libre hardware
> design. Does such a thing exist?
all is non free

have fun and be free
ali miracle

--
Emacs is the ground. We run around and act silly on top of it, and
when we die, may our remnants grace its ongoing incrementation.