Re: [libreplanet-discuss] My First of Five

From: Fabio Pesari
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] My First of Five
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 20:52:57 +0200

On 04/05/2016 06:50 PM, Julien Kyou wrote:
>  Sorry about that. I should have clarified, this is the last of an email
> exchange between him and myself. I left his email unchanged I didn't want to
> misconvey any of his thoughts.

No problem! Could you please make it clearer who is saying what?

> I believe his issue was if you needed to download the program for a one time
> use
> vs SaaSS which is convenient (if you are ignorant to freedom and privacy
> concerns)

The real question is: is it really a one-time use? Many SaaSS services
(like Google Docs/Sheets) are used definitely more than once, and they
are used even in schools and universities.

I don't blame ignorance because in my opinion, even if many people knew
about those concerns, they wouldn't care.

In my opinion, SaaSS is what happens when technology is considered
magical. You just give a site a file and it comes back different. This
won't go away until users are properly taught about technology and its
implications.