Re: [libreplanet-discuss] New Group

From: felix_posselt
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] New Group
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 22:31:45 +0200

On 2016-04-26 22:27, John Sullivan wrote:
Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> writes:

On 26/04/16 21:59, felix_posselt@openmailbox.org wrote:
Interesting.
Of course it would make sense to merge our resources instead of
building two groups, however, i don't understand, why they were splitting
from the fsf by founding a eurpean version.
Thanks for the info.

I don't understand either, I've never asked actually, but FSFE members
have similar interests and do a lot to pursue them.  There are many
examples of people forking projects in the free software world (that is
one of the fundamental freedoms we want, isn't it?), so is it really
unusual that anybody would fork or compete with FSF too?

Um, FSFE is not a fork of FSF. They were started in cooperation with us,
to focus more on free software work in Europe consistent with FSF
strategy and principles.

-john

oops, that arrived me a second too late

Felix