Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Best Wifi chipset that runs free

From: Sergei Akhmatdinov
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Best Wifi chipset that runs free
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 19:18:09 -0400

> My current laptop used basically the first free Wifi chipset I could
> get, and is now misbehaving somewhat. I dunno *exactly* if it needs
> replacement or not, but if it does, I would prefer the best option
> out there. What choice would that be?
>
> I know that h-node exists, but given that many of its entries are
> quite old, I figured asking here might get better responses.

My current laptop has a Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 and it has been serving
me beautifully for a while now.

I am currently searching for a good USB adapter myself, eyeing the
TP-LINK TL-WN722N at the moment, which is supported by ath9k.

Cheers,
--
Sergei Akhmatdinov

My GPG public key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys AD800D99