Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Update on freeyourstuff.cc (content/user liber

From: al3xu5 / dotcommon
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Update on freeyourstuff.cc (content/user liberation)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 20:08:18 +0200

Il giorno lunedì 09/05/2016 20:54:06 CEST
Aaron Wolf <wolftune@riseup.net> ha scritto:

> Very nice, but I hope it will ever work with Firefox and derivatives.

+1

> Also, many of the items I've written I would accept CC0,

Please note that (if I have well understood) in some countries (i.e. Italy)
copyright laws do not admit releasing a work as public domain unless after many
years since their creation: so CC0 might produce the same effect that "all
rights reserved"...

> but I really
> prefer CC-BY-SA because I support copyleft as a tactic. I would prefer
> if the tool allow the full list of CC Free/Libre/Open licenses (i.e.
> CC0, CC-BY, CC-BY-SA)

In my opinion, it would be better allowing the very full list of CC licenses,
including the NC clause: subtracting user's stuff posted to any supposedly
"social" service from their commercial exploitation determines more freedom
than assuring compatibility with copyleft licenses...

Regards
--
al3xu5 / dotcommon
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and any industrial design restrictions.