Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Dev] Misleading information in EOMA68 news

From: Adam Van Ymeren
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Dev] Misleading information in EOMA68 news
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 23:55:24 -0400

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 11:41 PM, Christopher Waid <chris@thinkpenguin.com> wrote:
On 2016-08-25 10:44 PM, Adam Van Ymeren wrote:
On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 10:29 PM, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic
<tct@ceata.org> wrote:

On 26.08.2016 05 [1]:22, Christopher Waid wrote:
The project is claiming to be a libre hardware/software project,
not
that everything has been released yet.

Then it's not a libre hardware project yet!

And need I remind you that outside your organization there is an
organization/user of an EOMA68 computer which haven't received the
product as a libre hardware product, because free PCB files have
not
been provided?

Did they ask for the PCB files?

No.

Didn't think so :p.  I was pointing out that it's not a violation simple to have not received the schematics if you didn't request them.  Just like when you receive a binary from a GPL'd software product it's not a GPL violation to not receive the source code at the same time.

https://trisquel.info/en/forum/re-dev-misleading-information-eoma68-news#comment-101871
[2]

Links:
------