Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What does the tech setup look like in your gra

From: amunizp
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What does the tech setup look like in your grade school?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 07:15:01 +0100

El 13 de octubre de 2016 00:18:37 GMT+01:00, Aaron E-J <the@otherrealm.org>
escribió:
>I am developing a ready-out-of the-box, open source virtual remote
>desktop platform and would like to investigate its deployment in school
>systems.  My assumption is that most schools are using proprietary
>technologies (Mac/PC) for the most part and that a switch to Linux
>based
>platforms would bring cost savings.  However, I know very little about
>the current technology setups in schools near me – let alone schools
>elsewhere in the U.S. (where I'm based) or the world.  I would like to
>hear from people who have kids, what does their school technology setup
>look like?
>
>Thanks!

Don't know what they have now but they are going for the very expensive and
monopolistic smartboards.  A whiteboard/touchscreen. I am doing what I can to
avoid it.
A quick search shows some hit and miss DIY replacements no profesional solution.
-- --
Andres (he/him/his)
Ham United Group
Richmond Makerlabs