Re: [libreplanet-discuss] talos

From: Fabián Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] talos
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 07:31:38 -0500

On 12/01/17 03:12 AM, Catonano wrote:
> Today, january 12, only 454 pledges have been made to the Talos proect
> crowdunding campaign page.
>
> https://www.crowdsupply.com/raptor-computing-systems/talos-secure-workstation
>
> This is not just a missed target. This is something more, as if there
> was a reection of the proect.
>
> The freedom sensble community is small, yes, but not this small.
>
> What's going on ?

I'll share my impressions since you asked:

* Give $10 or $250 - no options in-between
* No T-shirts, no stickers
* 6 months shared SSH-access for 250$?
* Absurd amount of information to digest in every update (even for me)

Setting up a smaller goal, usable rewards and easier-to-digest updates
would have helped a lot. Now this only looks like another failed
out-of-touch-with-reality project.

As it is, I didn't even contribute $10 as I had the distinct impression
the project would fail. How can I ever advocate this?

I have given / donated generously to many Free software projects and
organizations (including the FSF) and have often convinced others to do
so (even refering new people to join
http://www.fsf.org/associate/referrers/referrerlist ) but honestly Talos
was outside of anything I could refer, in any way.

F.

--
Fabián Rodríguez
http://fsf.magicfab.ca/