[libreplanet-discuss] HTML tags that should be stripped for privacy reas

From: Josh Branning
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] HTML tags that should be stripped for privacy reasons.
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 13:29:52 +0000

Hi,

I am in the early stages of developing a distributed web server, which hopefully will take anonymity into account when serving pages, a bit like freenet.

The interface will be, sort-of-like a self-hosted proxy to the web browser.

There are issues with such interfaces, because things like javascript and HTML canvas can track users using the web browser.

I have found lots of different implementations of different projects (like tor, freenet, privoxy etc.) that strip away these tags in some form or another, but I can find little or no documentation on how to do so myself ie. a complete list of html tags and HTTP headers etc. that are insecure for privacy reasons.

What I would really like is implementation details on how to avoid many of the issues stated on this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_privacy

So like two columns; Stated problem, and possible solution.

Perhaps it is something that could be added to the libreplanet wiki?

Best regards,

Josh

P.S.

Please CC me in any regards, as I am not subscribed to the list.