Re: [libreplanet-discuss] LP2017 video, live and/or archived?

From: Jb
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] LP2017 video, live and/or archived?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 19:40:49 +0100

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 6:22 PM, John Sullivan <johns@fsf.org> wrote:
"J.B. Nicholson" <jbn@forestfield.org> writes:

> Are there live video feeds planned for LP2017?
>
> How about archived videos?

Yes, and yes! For streaming, we'll have information on IRC during the
event (#libreplanet on freenode, as well as individual channels for each
room), and on the conference site announced ahead of time.

Recordings will be published at <https://media.libreplanet.org>. Last
year we had the recordings published very shortly after the event; we'll
be aiming to do that again.

Can you rapidly describe which solution you'll use to stream videos & slides ?

I'm amazed by Tim Ansell's device* but 400 euros is a lot for small budget. Are you using this or other cheaper dedicated hardware solutions or are you using general purpose linux computers ?

Cheers !
Jb

 * http://numato.com/numato-opsis-fpga-based-open-video-platform/ & https://code.timvideos.us/projects/ && https://media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8057-dissecting_hdmi