Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Help Wanted Site for Free Software Projects

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Help Wanted Site for Free Software Projects
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 11:39:38 -0300

Hi Mx. Ortega,

This is interesting question indeed.

Perhaps we can make use of LibrePlanet wiki (which uses Semantic
MediaWiki, which is more dynamic than MediaWiki) to do such listings.

However, I don't know if Semantic MediaWiki is able to do things like
"this entry expired, let's hide it and send email to the creator". We
might have to search for it, perhaps some Semantic MediaWiki hacker can
shed some light.

I see now that the challenge will be how to integrate all these
fragmented places all again. Perhaps there would have to be a
"federation standard for job or help-wanted announcement". But that's
just me dreaming.

Besides all that was said, I agree that the visitor mustn't be required
to register in order to see the contact information.

The following paragraph is not meant to be offensive, it's more like a
invitation to the projects outside GNU Savannah to think again on what
is being done: We must also notice that GNU Savannah welcomes every
free/libre software project. Third-party free/libre software projects
choose other hosting services for some particular reasons unknown to
me. However, they for some reason decide to roll out their own websites
and project resources, and soon notice these challenges related to how
to get the help that's wanted (since they broke interaction by choosing
to roll their own resources). Of course, sometimes breaking these
interactions is advisable (like getting out of GitHub, as long as this
one ignores the GNU Ethical Repository Evaluation results and
criteria). But breaking interaction with GNU Savannah just because it
"looks outdated" or because people *assume* that it doesn't
support/provide git hosting --- which it *does* provide --- isn't
reasonable in my opinion.

Respectfully, Adonay.
--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com