Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libreplanet using Discourse for mailing lists

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:18:29 -0300

Regarding messages downloaded as .mbox or as MH files, I know that these
can be imported in GNOME Evolution, Emacs Gnus, Claws Mail.

Also, message filtering and splitting can be made by the email client
(optionally crossposting, or linking, it to different
categories/groups), or by the user's choice of topic in the mailing list
subscriber options (although this list of topic choices must first be
configured by the mailing list administrator).

At least in Emacs Gnus, the email client filtering and splitting is very
flexible in that you can split based on various fields ("Subject", "To",
"Reply-To", "Importance", "List-Id", "X-Spam-Level",
"X-Spam-Status"). Morever, I don't know if Emacs Gnus can do this, but
it might be possible to split based on the contents/body of the message.