Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Videos from LibrePlanet

From: Andy Oram
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Videos from LibrePlanet
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 12:29:34 -0400

If slides are meant to be free to share (under a CC ShareAlike license),
they should be posted in a source format, such as ODP. I assume that
showing slides in a video wouldn't permit sharing, although certainly it's
helpful to see a slide while the speaker describes it.

I lost patience myself last year--I was on a panel in 2017 and showed some
slides that LibrePlanet hasn't put up yet. I have to admit I finally
uploaded a PDF to Slideshare, which is not at all free. But I wanted to get
them out for viewing.

Andy

Andy Oram  |  Editor
O'Reilly Media, Inc.  |  617-499-7479 |  oreilly.com

[image: oreilly_email_logo.png] <http://oreilly.com/>