Re: [libreplanet-discuss] ethical edtech edit-a-thon

From: Nathan Schneider
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] ethical edtech edit-a-thon
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 21:45:20 -0600

Ugh, sorry. My kid's sickness is creeping through my brain! I mis-wrote.

Free/libre = GPL compatible
Open source = GPL compatible + GPL incompatible open codebases

And I think the fact that some software in there that is GPL compatible
is not categorized as free/libre is simply a mistake in an early project.

It may be in the end that dropping "open source" altogether is the right
thing to do. We're starting with a wide net, with the goal of refining
the process as we go.

I am aware about the horrible hyperlinks. I have complained about that.
But it is inescapable on my university's email system.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Nathan