[libreplanet-discuss] Claims about Purism need backing: sources, quotes,

From: J.B. Nicholson
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Claims about Purism need backing: sources, quotes, further explanation
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 17:42:11 -0500

Taiidan@gmx.com wrote:
You're right, sometimes I get intensely bothered by them and their
dishonesty, apparent leverage over the FSF, insults of legitimate
companies etc.

I think we all deserve sources and quotes to back up your assertions. Exactly what leverage does Purism have over the FSF? Where can we find these insults of legitimate companies (presumably made by Purism), and what exact text do you find to be insulting?

They sell "libre" laptops that have the hardware init entirely performed
via the Intel FSP binary blob, their website is dishonest and not up
front and even the name "Libre-M" is dishonest. They claim the ME is
disabled although the kernel and hw init code still runs.

I think your point here could use some expansion: is it possible for a program running on the OS to get data to and from the ME? If so, how is this different from having an ME work like it does on most modern Intel-based computers?

They also imply they did more than just run ME cleaner which someone did
the work on.

What's the URL for this and precisely where on that page would we find this implication? Please do quote the exact text.

[1](I don't want to up their search ranking)

This pseudo-footnote is not good enough. Your desire to not increase their search ranking doesn't free you from an obligation to back up your point.