Re: [libreplanet-discuss] FSF should defend RMS and reject his resignati

From: Patrick 'P. J.' McDermott
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] FSF should defend RMS and reject his resignation!
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 17:02:07 -0400

Thank you Aaron for trying to push the conversation in a more civil and
productive direction.  I regret not emphasizing this more strongly in an
earlier message.

On 2019-09-19 at 12:29, Aaron Wolf wrote:
> However, the solution is not to just take the opposing partisan side in
> the argument. That simply plays into the same narrative set up by the
> mob in the first place.
>
> One good answer is to actually have a more reasoned, open, (perhaps)
> facilitated, discussion about what to do.

All I can add to all of these well-said points is an expansion of the
above advice.  When you see others committing what you see as injustice,
be better than them.  Don't stoop to their level.  Respond to emotion
with reason.

Please don't "#RiseUp" or anything so emotional.  The resignation is
done, like it or not.  Our two biggest threats now are:

 1. That the free software community is now split into warring factions,
    and
 2. That some will now take a logical leap from the misunderstandings to
    accuse the free software community of "defending Epstein" and such.

Let's focus on solving what we can.

--
Patrick "P. J." McDermott:  http://www.pehjota.net/
Lead Developer, ProteanOS:  http://www.proteanos.com/