Re: [libreplanet-discuss] FSF has begun a search for a new president

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] FSF has begun a search for a new president
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 23:29:13 +0300

"J.B. Nicholson" <jbn@forestfield.org> wrote:
> 2. the FSF has begun a search for a new president. (per
> https://www.fsf.org/news/richard-m-stallman-resigns),

> It would be a shame if the FSF made a compromise where they favored sating a
> desire for identity politics…
> I hope they'll pick someone who is deeply informed about free software, and
> who possesses a sharp, critical stance in defense of software freedom.

As far as I am aware, for the years of Dr. Stallman’s presidency, that position
was a full-time occupation with a salary of round 0 (zero) dollars per month
(or per year, I am not sure :-).

Where should they search for a person of that kind to fill such a vacancy, I
wonder.  Or is this practice subject to change?