Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Apologies

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Apologies
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 17:51:15 +0100

The saddest part is that the rightwing media slamming him for his
misspoken words about Epstein do not care about womens rights... while
slandering him and quoting him out of context to make it look like he
supports a serial rapist (which he absolutely *does not*). They are
mostly authored and run by men, who grew up in a male dominated
culture, who don't give a second thought to women. They were jumping on
a bandwagon of RMS-bashing because it gives them more readers... and it
advances their agenda.

RMS has said (in this very email list) that while he has stepped down
from the FSF, he will remain as leader of the GNU project. This makes
me happy at least.