Re: Request Advice for Work Meeting on Why use GNU+Linux

From: Jim Garrett
Subject: Re: Request Advice for Work Meeting on Why use GNU+Linux
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 11:36:56 -0500

   Some quick thoughts:
   - Automatic updating, high security for a well-regarded distro with
   little need for IT involvement after deployment.
   - Unix is the Lingua Franca for informatics (if not biostatistics).
   Virtually unlimited tool set. Often this Unix system is a Mac, but why
   not get Unix directly?
   I'm a statistician also; if you ever want to correspond, drop me a
   line! At work I have a Windows client but I use that to access a
   cluster running Red Hat for all my actual statistical work.
   Jim Garrett

   On January 13, 2020 10:49:17 PM EST, lily via libreplanet-discuss