Re: Request Advice for Work Meeting on Why use GNU+Linux

From: Bob Jonkman
Subject: Re: Request Advice for Work Meeting on Why use GNU+Linux
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 13:26:34 -0500

As a SysAdmin, I'd be more worried about the security implications of a one off
device based on an uncommon hybrid of Xwindows on a Microsoft Windows laptop
for use by someone unfamiliar with it, than a standard, well-supported
GNU+Linux system in the hands of someone who understands it well.

But as someone else pointed out, arguing InfoSec against InfoSec professionals
won't have the same effect as sticking to your BioStats expertise.

--Bob.

--
Bob Jonkman <bjonkman@sobac.com>          Phone: +1-519-635-9413