Governance of Digitally Transformed Societies meeting 2020-05-11

From: Pen-Yuan Hsing
Subject: Governance of Digitally Transformed Societies meeting 2020-05-11
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 18:01:21 +0000

Dear libreplanet,

I'm not sure of the best place to share this, but given it might be related to software freedom, I thought I might as well post it here.

I just stumbled upon an upcoming meeting about "Governance of Digitally Transformed Societies" seemingly under the auspices of the European Comission:

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/communities/en/community/digitranscope-digital-transformation-and-governance-human-society/event/digitranscope-0

It covers three core topics, one of which mention "How can we develop/design/foster a new path exploiting the benefits of digital transformation so that it is aimed at reducing existing social, economic, and spatial inequalities rather than exacerbating them?" This sounds like something that free software can play an important part in.

So, just FYI in case someone wants to attend and provide a free software/digital freedom perspective to their discussion. If so, please do share!