Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement

From: Dennis Payne
Subject: Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 10:11:14 -0400

On Thu, 2020-07-23 at 21:31 -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Some newbie know-nothing jumps in, mouths some uninformed bullshit
> opinion & rains on our parade, and I'm being rude?

Yes. You resorted to name-calling. You still are by calling him a
newbie know-nothing. Everyone is a newbie at some point. Making
suggestions and asking questions is how they get beyond that.

Sagar: I believe you misunderstand what FSF does. While they have done
some funding of work, they typically leave that to others. (Or at least
that has been my impression. Maybe they spend more on development than
I believe.) You have companies like Cygnus (purchased by Redhat),
Redhat, and others which pay for development.

--
Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com