Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 18:40:09 +0200

TIL FSF's mission is to defend user freedom from supporters who show concerns about the cause /s

On 2020-07-24 18:30, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Not for nothing, but...

"The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is a nonprofit with a worldwide mission to promote computer user freedom. We defend the rights of all software users."  (from the FSF home page)

To me, the key word is "defend" - and, frankly, when know-nothings pontificate about why free software is doomed to failure - a strong defense is called for.  Not a kind defense. Not a polite defense.  A strong defense.  (IMO)

Miles Fidelman