Re: What can an informed patient suggest instead of "zoom"?

From: Connor Doherty
Subject: Re: What can an informed patient suggest instead of "zoom"?
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 02:36:23 +0000

   Modern phone calls use a boatload of proprietary software from your
   Telco anyway, and you can't control the systems it goes through. Its
   also easy to track and record. So it would seem that 1 piece of
   proprietary software (Zoom) on an otherwise free system is the superior
   option for 1. freedom, 2. privacy (Zoom supports encryption) and 3.
   Practicality - you have the option to show your doctor something
   visually, get in the waiting room early, easily add other participants,
   background noise suppression, etc.

   But of course you could get all of that with Jitsi as well, so if your
   doctor is up for it, suggest Jitsi. Biggest sell: there's no software
   to install on either end. Also supports dialing in by phone, and other
   goodies. It's the Free option.

   On Sep 9, 2020, at 10:45, Stephen Paul Weber