Re: Free Software Logo

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: Free Software Logo
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 09:00:47 -0700

On 2020-10-29 8:40 a.m., Jean Louis wrote:

> Did you see other logos on GNU website? That is what I meant. And
> there is no such  thing as control of "free software logos" in the
> context of trademarks, GNU and free software dedicated groups do not
> follow trademark doctrines. Open source groups do.

GNU and free software  *do* follow Trademark law. See e.g.
https://www.gnu.org/graphics/agnuhead.html

"The GNU head is, however, also a trademark for the GNU Project. If you
want to use the GNU head to link to a website run by the Free Software
Foundation or the GNU project, feel free, or if you're using it in
contexts talking about GNU in a supportive and accurate way, you can
also do this without permission. For any other requests, please ask
<licensing@fsf.org> for permission first."