Re: Planned Obsolescence

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: Planned Obsolescence
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 10:34:16 -0800

I'm still on a Pixel (original) running LineageOS, so I still get
security updates. I'm quite sure the Pixel 2 is supported by LineageOS
fully.

Side-note: I used to be hesitant to admit to even having a cell phone.
Very ironically, I got my first cell phone ever in 2014 as part of
attending LibrePlanet for the first time and having more and more
hassles with trying to connect to accommodations and such via finding
wifi spot to use my laptop (and payphones were mostly all gone). I've
never had a phone with Google Apps though.

But yeah, the whole idea that it's a weird community hack to keep
devices updates is a travesty (as is the other compromised aspects of
these devices).