Re: suggestions for leading a free software organization

From: Ali Reza Hayati
Subject: Re: suggestions for leading a free software organization
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 22:02:17 +0330

Congratulations Quiliro,
I wish you success.

My only suggestion would be don't sacrifice the principals of software libre movement to get to a point. We are all here not because we're programmers or GNU+Linux users or are able to use terminal, but because we believe in those principals and the four freedoms.

Don't violate the freedoms or do something against the movement even if it's for a greater good. I believe if we break our principals, we will do it again and again until we see ourselves some place where we don't have those anymore.

I think the main difference between the software libre movement and the open source guys is that we held on our values and we stick to them no matter what, and that's what makes us unique and amazing.

Best of luck to you and all of our fellow activists.