Re: Adobe Reader 10

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: Adobe Reader 10
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 12:20:34 -0500

Greg Knittl <gknittl@sympatico.ca> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Some Ontario Government forms require Adobe Reader 10 which I can't
> find for Linux. I'm trying to obtain paper versions, although they
> don't make that obvious either.
>
> Evince won't handle it. Any suggestions for how to process on Linux?

Please test other PDF reading and edition software.  Below, I show where
to search.

I suppose you are using some distribution of the GNU operating system,
unless you are using Android.  Depending on the distribution of GNU, you
can search the software available on its package manager.  If you tell
me your distribution, I can tell you which is its package manager and
how to search in it.

You can also search the FSF free software directory at:
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Category/Works-with-format/pdf
I am not sure if that is the best category.  But I guess you can explore
and ask here, if you have any further trouble.

I hope I was of some help to you.  :-)

B'free!

Quiliro

P.S. Please note that refering to our system as Linux promotes the
values of the Linux Foundation.  They opose the values held by the Free
Software Foundation.  If you want to promote freedom for software users,
please use the name GNU.
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-users-never-heard-of-gnu.html
I do not write GNU/Linux as suggested by the cited article.  I just use
GNU or GNU+linux-Libre, if I have to.  That way I avoid it from being
mispronounced as GNU Linux.  That pronouncition gives me the notion that
GNU is a distribution of Linux, which it is not.  I feel that would hurt
our freedom quest because it would convey people to think that Linux made
a system where GNU has added some functionality to.  Things are the
other way around.  Linux was a small element added to GNU.
If many people and projects use the terms which promote our values, it
would make a great diffence.  You can help us a lot this way.