Re: GFDL license help

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: GFDL license help
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 08:56:45 +0300

* Pedro Lucas Porcellis <porcellis@eletrotupi.com> [2021-04-11 01:02]:
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 10:48:03AM +0300, Jean Louis wrote:
> > * Pedro Lucas Porcellis <porcellis@eletrotupi.com> [2021-04-10 06:36]:
> > > What's wrong with Creative Commons?
> >
> > There is no general Creative Commons license. You have to be
> > specific. There are many various Creative Commons licenses.
>
> Well, the OP said he didn't want to use any license from Creative
> Commons, so according to him, no license from CC is any good. That's my
> question, why none of those license are acceptable to him.

It is because Ali Reza said that Creative Commons are signers of
harassment letter against RMS. Catherine Stihler, apparently, signed
the letter. But I do not have proof, the letter is dubious.

That letter defeats itself:
https://habr.com/ru/post/549276/

This repository, its contents, and the manner of its usage through social media
by the Author/Owner, identified as Molly de Blanc (in the course of her
official duties and representing the GNOME Foundation and edX), is currently in
wanton violation of:

    Github's Acceptable Use Policy

    Github's Community Guidelines

    Github's Terms of Service

    The FSFe Code of Conduct

    The GNOME Foundation's Code of Conduct

    Various US State and Federal Laws (brief citations below)

Hate speech and discriminationa. While it is not forbidden to broach
topics such as age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity
and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance,
race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation, we do not tolerate
speech that attacks a person or group of people on the basis of who
they are.

But Github, being Microsoft, does tolerate hate speech.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://rms-support-letter.github.io/