Re: Support RMS

From: Danny Spitzberg
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 15:34:50 -0700

   On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 3:19 PM Alexandre Oliva <[1]lxoliva@fsfla.org>
   wrote:

     On Apr 15, 2021, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
     > Alexandre Oliva, have you been on many Libreplanet videos, that
     you
     > can confirm how RMS yelled on public speakers and if that is so,
     can
     > we know which video is it?
     I recall witnessing him run to the microphone more than once to
     interact
     with speakers at LibrePlanet and elsewhere, and his speaking without
     yelling in those occasions.
     That is not supposed to mean that the reported incident hasn't
     happened,
     just that, if it did happen, I wasn't there.  I believe that if I
     had
     witnessed it, I'd remember.

   I’ve shared the story before, but at Libre Planet 2018 RMS began
   yelling angrily from his seat in the back of the auditorium, a few
   seats away from me and a now-former FSF staff member, and then rushed
   the stage to grab the mic and berate the speaker who was airing very
   reasonable and rational (not emotional!) ideas for building the free
   software movement.

   For me, that outburst spoke volumes about how many people in free
   software refuse to acknowledge flaws, shortcomings, or even obstacles
   that the speaker had laid out.
   To be honest, I found the whole outburst— and the audience’s quiet
   seeming to condone the outburst — all very depressing.

     --
     Alexandre Oliva, happy hacker  [2]https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo/
        Free Software Activist         GNU Toolchain Engineer